After a busy summer season Made Up Ltd is expanding, and we’re looking for a scenic project manager to join our growing bespoke fabrications team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for guiding the build and design of our installs and our fabrications, from concept stage to final delivery.
Working either with our in-house production team or directly alongside clients, the project manager serves as a vital part of the design team: developing ideas, offering technical advice, and helping craft the final product.
The project manager is responsible for the technical direction, logistics and co-ordination of commissions coming through our Bermondsey workshop, along with quoting and basic financials. He or she will work alongside Made Up’s office team, its existing makers, and will draft additional staff into the workshop when necessary.
Candidates should have:
Experience of the events/entertainment scenic industry.
An eye for detail and finish.
Either proven project management or extensive build experience. Job training is on offer for the right candidate.
Experience in managing build teams onsite.
Competency with Microsoft Word, Excel and other basic office software.
Good understanding of technical drawings.
And ideally you’ll be:
Proficient in AutoCAD.
Experienced in quoting.
If you think this is a great role for you, send your CV along with your salary expectations and your notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Scenic project manager role application’ in the email subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Made Up
Event production is an art. Made Up takes pride in crafting experiences.
Now in its 20th year, Made Up works with many of the world’s most admired luxury goods houses and brands, while remaining the go-to producers for cutting-edge music projects.
Our extensive premises in central London and Ibiza house creatives, concept designers, craftsmen, technology experts, master producers, and diligent project managers.
Made Up prides itself on a vibrant working atmosphere and a diligent work ethic when creating high-profile projects for leading brands. Take a look at some of our recent projects on our website.
We are looking for a Creative Junior 3D Designer to join our team in South East London. We want you to contribute to the design process, adding your creative edge which will help make our events stand out from the crowd!
Responsibilities, experience and skills:
· Contribute to the creative process for all design work, producing ideas, critique and developing existing material.
· Ensure that all design work is of the highest standard and is truly innovative.
· Be a creative visionary.
· Strong ability in 3ds Max and VRay is essential.
· Amazing attention to detail.
· Previous experience of working within the events industry would be an asset.
· Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
· Ability to demonstrate meticulous planning.
· Used to and enjoy, working effectively as part of a team.
· Flexibility to deal with the demands of working in a fast-paced environment - under pressure and to deadlines.
· Ability to work efficiently across a number of concurrent projects.
· Solution focused.
· Demonstrate commercial awareness.
If you are interested in applying please send your us your CV, some examples of work from your portfolio along with a note of your notice period and salary expectations.
Based primarily in our Bermondsey office but depending on the project you could end up traveling anywhere in the world.
Undertaking projects of varying sizes (from 24-hour temporary installations to permanent installs and tours/roadshows) and is responsible for technical production aspects of our projects.
You will need to have extensive knowledge of areas of AV and lighting, taking a lead role on the technical production across a wide range of events from brief to onsite delivery.
We are looking for candidates who have an all-round knowledge of all technical disciplines combined with excellent client facing skills.
What we expect of you:
· Manage projects from conception through to delivery
· Maintain and use asset tracking system
· Prepare and maintain Working Documents including RAMS and project timelines
· Work with Event Project Managers and Creative to handle client requests
· Manage suppliers and supplier contracts
· Be prepared to confidently present creative response/concepts and production documents.
· Own and manage budgets
· Represent company policy and requirements, incl executing company H&S policy
· Occasional on-site co-ordination and management of technical suppliers and staff at events
You must be competent in writing professional and well-structured emails.
General use of Microsoft Office is essential (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
Use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop) is not essential but is a plus.
· Previous experience within events industry in similar role
· Knowledge of lighting and video (including LED screens and software)
· Rigging experience
· Working from CAD plans and stage drawings
Qualifications & Skills:
· Full and clean UK Driving license
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral, are a must
· Meticulous planning skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Willingness to learn and improve on your skills
· Ability to work efficiently and manage your time across a number of projects
· Hard working and flexible to the demands of working in the event industry
Useful but not essential:
· iPAF card
· Use of Current RMS
· City and Guilds qualifications
· CAD and WYSIWYG ability
· Special Effects knowledge (Pyrotechnics / CO2 / Lasers / etc.)
If you are interested in applying please send your us your CV, a note of your salary expectations and your notice period.
Leading and managing the team which provides the technical expertise within Made Up; providing a professional, innovative and a profitable service via the Technical Production team to Made Up and its’ clients. Provide a consultative role for Made Up’s IT solutions.
Lead and manage the technical production arm of the business. Ensuring a profitable outcome; meeting pre-agreed targets. Seek to grow this business by soliciting new clients where possible; retaining existing clients and growing these accounts.
Internal expert on all things related to technical production. Provide innovative creative solutions; within client budget and brief. Contributing to Made Up’s reputation as production leaders within the nightclub environment and the live events arena.
Ensure the integrity of our data and our customer data is secure and meeting current data protection regulations at all times.
Efficient management of the production equipment including regular maintenance; care and attention to the integrity of each production item. Ensure equipment meets Health and Safety requirements at all times.
Seek to grow the team professionally, providing development routes and a clear hierarchy of roles and their responsibilities within the team. Introduce regular training including technical, Health and Safety; customer service.
Generate a customer service attitude within the team encouraging consideration of impact of their actions upon the wider business. EG create a ‘get it right the first time – quality’ approach.
Introduce operating standards to which internal clients should adhere (like an SLA). EG estimate times lines; booking of crew, equipment and transportation to aid them in the estimating of projects for clients.
Introduce operating standards to which the technical production and warehouse team should adhere EG time to load and unload; maintenance of certain items of equipment; opening and closing procedures.
Provide estimates for work in an open fashion; including but not limited to, pricing and logistics (picking loading, unloading; rigging, de-rigging, cost for overtime should it be required; specialist contractors; external equipment) deadline for response and booking.
Establishing and maintaining relationships with sub-contractors, thereby expanding our access to experts.Continually reviewing rates and services these companies provide.
Booking crew for projects both internal and external. Agreeing rates, role and responsibility in writing.
Development and maintenance of RMS to ensure internal charging of technical kit and staff to jobs. Provision of information on a timely basis to Project Managers.
Responsibility for control and internal charging of vehicles to jobs. Repairs and maintenance of vehicles to fall within responsibilities of technical/warehouse team.
Ensure the Warehouse complies with Health and Safety standards at all times; that the workforce (both permanent and freelance) are aware of their obligations. Engender a culture of best practise with respect to a Health and Safety.
Ensure visitors, including permanent staff not regularly based within the warehouse are aware of the risks and their obligation with regard to accessing the warehouse.
Technical liaison with IT providers to ensure systems/software are effective and efficient. Ensure appropriate licences are in place.
If you think this is a great role for you - send us your CV along with your salary expectations and your notice period. We look forward to hearing from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a committed individual to join us as a Project Manager in our London offices.
Your Responsibilities would include:
• Lead and manage client projects, including but not limited to: planning, internal briefing to fabrications, production, design, budget management, staffing and health and safety.
• Act as a point of contact for clients, clearly communicating the progress of project initiatives to all internal and external stakeholders at all times.
• Ensure timely, successful delivery that meets client requirements and reflects Made Up’s exacting standards.
• Ensure contractual obligations are met, occasionally contributing to the contractual negotiation process with an understanding of both commercial and creative objectives.
• General account management responsibilities, including stakeholder management and preparing presentations, reports, analyses and metrics as needed.
• Manage multiple projects with competing deadlines, ensuring all deliverables are met.
• Build and maintain strong and long-lasting client relationships, taking and demonstrating a genuine interest in the client’s business and its brands.
• Respond to internal requests for information relating to new client briefs, pitches and presentations.
• Collaborate with the Ibiza-based account management team and project management teams as required.
This position will require occasional travel and hours that vary from normal business hours, including weekends, bank holidays, and evenings.
Proven work experience as a Project Manager within a production/event environment.
Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining a sharp attention to detail.
Confident user of MS Office products, including Excel and Powerpoint (and/or equivalents).
Excellent budget management and forecasting skills.
Proven ability to proactively manage stakeholder expectations.
Excellent organisational skills.
Ability to manage expectations and remain calm under pressure.
Ability to provide creative solutions under pressure and with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Enjoy working as part of a dynamic team that changes from project to project.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
If you think we should hire you, send us your CV and a short cover letter telling us why, along with your potential start date and salary expectations.
Please email email@example.com.
We are always looking to increase our freelance team – carpenters, sound and lighting engineers, and 3D designers in particular. If you would like to join us here at Made Up, please forward your CV, indicating your daily rate, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
107 Bell Street, London, NW1 6TL, VAT Reg No. 830 2505 69, Company Reg No. 4947008